With two LaLiga Santander titles to his name, the Brazilian midfielder has become a key cog in the Real Madrid engine room.
We take a look at five titbits that may teach you something new about Los Blancos’ number 14.
- Casemiro was born 28 years ago in São Jose dos Campos, a city that lies in the state of São Paulo.
- His acrobatic effort in the league derby clash against Atlético Madrid on 9 February 2019 saw him become the first Real Madrid player to score at the Wanda Metropolitano.
- The Madridista has a slightly superstitious side that you may not be aware of. His full name is Carlos Henrique Casimiro and the fact he’s now known as Casemiro goes back to his days at São Paulo. The club’s fans began to call him Casemiro in a particular game and after a stellar performance in that match, he decided that this is how he wanted to be known.
- The midfield general’s LaLiga Santander debut for the Real Madrid first team came in April 2013. He wore the number 38 shirt and completed the full 90 minutes in a 3-1 triumph over Real Betis.
- Casemito, as he’s known by some of his teammates, turned out 15 times for Real Madrid Castilla in LaLiga SmartBank, where he shared a dressing room with fellow current first-teamers, Lucas Vazquez and Nacho.
Casemiro and his Real Madrid colleagues will be preparing for the Madrid derby this Sunday as they look to reel in the league leaders.
📲 Follow Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid live
Post comments (0)