Entertainment News

King Charles Planning $250 Million Funeral Amid Cancer Battle, Insider Claims

todayFebruary 13, 2024 2

Background
share close

The news that King Charles is battling cancer sent shockwaves throughout the world.

Furthermore, the reluctance of Buckingham Palace officials to comment on the stage and type of the cancer has led many observers to assume the worst.

Those concerns were somewhat assuaged on Sunday when Charles looked hale and hearty during his first public outing since his diagnosis.

But according to one report, the King and his handlers have taken initial steps toward preparing for the worst.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits Tretower Court on July 5, 2018 in Crickhowell, Wales.
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits Tretower Court on July 5, 2018 in Crickhowell, Wales. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

The National Enquirer reported this week that preparations are underway for a funeral for Charles with an estimated budget in the neighborhood of $250 million.

“Charles wants a send-off even bigger and better than Queen Elizabeth’s,” a source described as “a well-placed palace insider” tells the outlet (via Radar Online).

“Charles says he waited 70 years to take the throne, so he deserves a fabulous farewell,” the source continues.

King Charles III delivers his address to the nation and the Commonwealth from Buckingham Palace following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday 8th September in Balmoral, on September 9, 2022 in London, England.
King Charles III delivers his address to the nation and the Commonwealth from Buckingham Palace following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on September 9, 2022 in London, England. (Photo Yui Mok – WPA Pool/Getty Images)

King Charles’ Last Requests

The insider says that Charles has gone into great detail with regard to his plans for the funeral, even dictating which family members should not be allowed to participate.

Topping the list is Prince Andrew, who settled a lawsuit filed by alleged sexual assault victim Virginia Giuffre in 2022.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attends the "A Starry Night In The Nilgiri Hills" event hosted by the Elephant Family in partnership with the British Asian Trust at Lancaster House on July 14, 2021 in London, England.
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attends the “A Starry Night In The Nilgiri Hills” event hosted by the Elephant Family in partnership with the British Asian Trust at Lancaster House on July 14, 2021 in London, England. (Photo by Jonathan Brady – WPA Pool/Getty Images)

“Once again, Andrew is asserting his innocence, but His Majesty will hear none of it,” the source said of the king’s refusal to forget about the accusations against his younger brother.

Will Prince Harry Attend His Father’s Funeral?

As we previously reported, Prince Harry traveled to London to visit with Charles shortly after learning of his diagnosis.

The visit was a brief one, however, and the insider says there’s still bad blood between father and son.

Britain's Prince Charles, Prince of Wales proceeds through the Royal Gallery during the State Opening of Parliament at the Houses of Parliament, in London, on May 10, 2022.
Britain’s Prince Charles, Prince of Wales proceeds through the Royal Gallery during the State Opening of Parliament at the Houses of Parliament, in London, on May 10, 2022. (Photo by HANNAH MCKAY/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

According to the Enquirer‘s source, the king plans to make his feelings known at his funeral by “relegating the royal black sheep to seats in the back” as “his final decree.”

That would be an almost unbelievable petty move, but then again, the royals have never been a family to tolerate even the slightest dissent.

We should note that even if the rumors are true and Charles is indeed planning his funeral, that doesn’t mean that his diagnosis is terminal.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales waves as he attends the Royal Cornwall Show on June 07, 2018 in Wadebridge, United Kingdom.
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales waves as he attends the Royal Cornwall Show on June 07, 2018 in Wadebridge, United Kingdom. (Photo by Tim Rooke – WPA Pool/Getty Images)

It would not be unheard of for a 75-year-old monarch to make plans with regard to his funeral and succession, especially in the wake of a health scare.

Palace officials say that Charles is receiving the best possible care and remains optimistic about his chances for a full recovery.

We’ll have further updates on this developing story as new information becomes available.

King Charles Planning $250 Million Funeral Amid Cancer Battle, Insider Claims was originally published on The Hollywood Gossip.

Written by: 98bpm Radio

Rate it

Get in Tune with Us!

Reach out to us for inquiries, requests, or collaborations, and let’s keep the music alive.

The Gulf Coast’s Party Station is 98bpm Radio. We spin today’s biggest Dance Hits alongside Classic Dance Anthems and Live Cutting-Edge Dance Music shows. Welcome to the Party!

0%